The Mapsimise Salesforce connector offers the following functionality:
- Map any object that has latitude/longitude fields, including custom objects.
- Map non-geocoded objects that are related to geocoded objects. For example: event activities regarding accounts/contacts, Opportunities related to accounts, Cases at account locations.
- Use bulk geocoding to geocode your records directly in CRM. Example: taking the Billing Address fields of Accounts and storing geocoding results in Billing Address Latitude/Longitude fields.
- Filter records in Mapsimise using Salesforce List Views.
- Create Campaigns from Mapsimise after geospatially filtering Lead or Contact records on a map.
Users and Authorisation
There are two ways to authorise with Salesforce via Mapsimise: with per-user credentials or by using shared credentials.
If you supply shared credentials on the Salesforce connector, all Mapsimise users will use those credentials to read and write data from/to Salesforce. You may wish to do this by setting up a “service” user in Salesforce specially for Mapsimise, with a limited permission set only for the objects that you want to map.
Generally, we would recommend per-user authorisation where each Mapsimise user has their own user account on Salesforce. To do this, leave the Shared Credentials on the Salesforce connector unset. When each Mapsimise user loads a map that has a layer that uses the Salesforce connector, they will be prompted to log in to Salesforce with their own user account.
To geocode records in your Salesforce system, you should provide Geocoding Credentials on the connector and then use Bulk Geocoding via the Geocoding Rules for your Salesforce connector. Note that when a Salesforce connector is first set up, Mapsimise will create default Geocoding Rules for Accounts, Contacts and Leads with the Billing/Mailing/main address fields being mapped to their respective Latitude/Longitude fields.
The user account supplied for Geocoding Credentials on your Salesforce connector should have read/write permissions on all the entities you need to geocode. You will not be able to use the Bulk Geocoding functionality until Geocoding Credentials have been supplied.