The Mapsimise Microsoft Dynamics 365 connector offers the following functionality:
- Map any entity that has latitude/longitude fields, including custom entities.
- Map non-geocoded entities that are related to geocoded entities. For example: appointment activities regarding accounts/contacts, Opportunities related to accounts, Cases at account locations.
- Use bulk geocoding to geocode your records directly in CRM. Example: taking the Address 1 fields of Contacts and storing geocoding results in Address 1: Latitude/Longitude fields.
- Filter records in Mapsimise using Dynamics 365 Views (system views only).
- Create Marketing Lists from Mapsimise after geospatially filtering Account, Contact or Lead records on a map.
Users and Authorisation
There are two ways to authorise with Dynamics via Mapsimise: with per-user credentials or by using shared credentials.
If you supply shared credentials on the Dynamics connector, all Mapsimise users will use those credentials to read and write data from/to Dynamics. You may wish to do this by setting up a “service” user in Dynamics specially for Mapsimise, with a limited permission set only for the entities that you want to map.
Generally, we would recommend per-user authorisation where each Mapsimise user has their own user account on Dynamics. To do this, leave the Shared Credentials on the Dynamics connector unset. When each Mapsimise user loads a map that has a layer that uses the Dynamics connector, they will be prompted to log in to Dynamics with their own user account.
To geocode records in your Dynamics system, you should provide Service Credentials on the connector and then use Bulk Geocoding via the Geocoding Rules for your Dynamics connector. Note that when a Dynamics connector is first set up, Mapsimise will create default Geocoding Rules for Accounts, Contacts, Leads and Users with the Address 1 fields being mapped to Address 1: Latitude/Longitude.
The user account supplied for the Service Credentials on your Dynamics connector should have read/write permissions on all the entities you need to geocode. You will not be able to use the Bulk Geocoding functionality until Service Credentials have been supplied.