Here’s a quick guide to getting some business contacts on to a map.
1. Have your contacts in Excel .XLSX or .CSV format, with address columns:
2. When you first launch Mapsimise, you’ll see the Welcome To Mapsimise screen. Click the “Excel/CSV sheets with address fields” button
3. Click the “Upload CSV/XLSX File” button and select your contacts Excel file.
4. After upload is complete, click “Configure Table”, then click OK.
5. Now that the table is configured, click “Edit Rule” under the Geocoding Rule section
6. Match as many address fields as you can to the columns in your sheet and then click OK. This tells Mapsimise how to convert your data from addresses to global co-ordinates (geocoding).
7. Your data will now be geocoded in the background, so it’s time to add it to a map! Under the “Active Maps” section, click the “Add to a map” link.
8. Enter a name for your new map (e.g. “My Contacts”) and click OK.
9. In the Layer Editor window, click the “Data Fields” tab on the left.
10. Click and drag a field (Excel column) from Available Fields over to the “Drop title here” placeholder in the Info Bubble Fields section. This field should correspond to a title of a record in your Excel sheet – for example: a contact’s Full Name.
11. Optionally, add more fields to the Info Bubble section, and some fields to the Grid Fields section. These fields will be displayed when you click on pins and filter records on the map.
12. Click OK on the layer editor.
13. Zoom out on your new map using your scrollwheel, pinch+zoom, or the + and – buttons. As your records are geocoded, they will start to appear on the map.